Struggle to get the perfect boiled egg every time??
Here’s a trick for you!
- Add eggs to a pot of water. (make sure there is enough water to cover eggs completely)
- Turn on heat (medium/high – doesn’t matter as long as you can get the water to boil)
- As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat and cover with a lid
- Now, you decide how long to set your timer based on the image above!
- After the time is complete, transfer eggs to an ice water bath to stop the cooking process
I prefer mine barely under the “hard-boiled” stage- I set my timer for about 12 minutes.
This is the only way I’ve found to get a perfectly cooked egg every time!
Unfortunately fresh hard-boiled eggs are difficult to peel no matter what I’ve tried…Check out this post on WHY fresh eggs are hard to peel